We may receive a small commission on certain products or services mentioned in this post. Please read our full Disclosure Policy for more information.
Gluten Free Tex-Mex Soup
Are you looking for a simple soup recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes of time? This Tex-Mex taco soup is packed full of flavor and taste!
One bowl of this simple soup recipe isn’t going to be enough. The flavor of the added veggies and spices make this Tex-Mex chili soup one that is certain to become a staple in your house.
Don’t forget that adding toppings is half the fun, too! Fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, and even some corn chips would all be great additions!
Everyone in the family is going to love the taste of this quick soup recipe. This hearty soup is perfect for cold weather but delicious enough to crave and make all year long.
How To Make Gluten Free Tex-Mex Soup
- Beef broth
- Chicken broth
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced chiles and tomatoes (Rotel)
- Diced green chiles
- Sliced carrots
- Frozen corn
- Chili powder
- Cumin powder
- Lime juice
- Sugar, or stevia powder
First, in a small kettle, combine the broths, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes and chiles, chopped carrots, celery, onion, corn, cilantro, dry spices, sugar, and butter.
Second, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Then you will want to let it simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Third, dissolve the cornstarch in water to form a slurry. Next, add the slurry to the kettle. Then you will want to bring the soup back to a boil and stir for another 2 or 3 minutes and serve warm.
Lastly, garnish with thin sliced rings of red onion, and fresh sprigs of cilantro.
Gluten Free Tex-Mex Soup
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1-8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1-15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2-10 ounce cans of diced chiles and tomatoes(Rotel)
- 1-4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 cup finely sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tbl chili powder
- 4 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbl lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar, or stevia powder
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 tbl cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- First, in a small kettle, combine the broths, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes and chiles, chopped carrots, celery, onion, corn, cilantro, dry spices, sugar, and butter.
- Next, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water to form a slurry and add it to the kettle. Bring the soup back to a boil and stir for another 2 or 3 minutes and serve warm.
- Lastly, garnish with thin sliced rings of red onion, and fresh sprigs of cilantro.
You will want to be sure to bookmark this recipe for later so that you can grab your weekly dose of recipe inspiration! Also, you can use the search bar and menu to search by ingredient, meal-type, and more.
Also, you will want to be sure to head on over to our Recipes Page to find everything you need to get started making frugal and easy gluten-free and dairy-free meals for your family. From last-minute breakfasts to quick and easy lunches, to simple dinners, and indulgent yet easy desserts, you’ll find everything you need to start planning your meals from home.
These recipes are created with busy moms in mind who are looking to save money on their grocery bill, but still make amazing recipes for their families! Hopefully, these recipes will inspire you to start cooking at home, and even add some of these to your own weekly meal plan!
Want more delicious gluten free recipes right now? Head to our New Recipes Page!