We may receive a small commission on certain products or services mentioned in this post. Please read our full Disclosure Policy for more information.
Do you have an Instant Pot? If not, what are you waiting for? This revolutionary kitchen appliance is one of the easiest ways to cook food.
You can use it to steam, sautee, slow-cook, and more! Check out these tips for cooking with your instant pot:
Instant Pot Cooking Tips
- Always make sure that there is enough liquid in the pot when cooking meat, pasta, and rice dishes to ensure even cooking and prevent burning.
- Make sure that all pieces of food are cut uniformly so they will cook at an even rate.
- Use cooking spray on the inner pot when cooking to prevent your food from sticking and burning.
- You can use the saute function to brown or sear meat before pressure cooking, making it an easy one-pot meal.
- If making a soup from already made ingredients or canned foods, you can cook your soup in as little as 0 minutes.
- Be sure to use the utensils that came with your Instant Pot as they are very helpful, especially the trivet when cooking meat.
- Always make sure that your valve is set to sealing, not venting when pressure cooking.
- After cooking, always allow the pressure to release naturally if you can.
- To avoid burns when removing hot foods from your Instant Pot after cooking, use a kitchen towel or oven mitts.
- Steer clear of the steam that comes out when the Instant Pot is releasing pressure in order to avoid burns.
Instant Pot Cleaning Tips
- Clean the inside of the pot with a bit of warm soapy water and a dishcloth or paper towel before using it for the first time.
- After cooking, clean the pot with warm water and soap. The Instant Pot inner pot is also dishwasher safe.
- If food is stuck to the bottom of your Instant Pot after cooking, you can use some baking soda, warm water, and a soft-bristle brush for cleaning.
- Always make sure that your Instant Pot inner pot is completely dry before storing away to prevent rust and mold.
- You can purchase additional Instant Pot inner pots separately so that you can switch them out if you need to cook more food or one of your pots is dirty.
Instant Pot Recipes
- Panda Express Black Pepper ChickenIf you're looking for a fast and delicious Asian dish to add to your rotation, look no further than Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken. You...
- Gluten Free Tomato Soup (Instant Pot)Store-bought tomato soup typically is not gluten free. Luckily, gluten free tomato soup is super easy to make at home! You can make a super...