Do you love fish sticks, but wish they were a little healthier? Well, now they can be! These gluten free fish sticks in the air fryer are cooked without any oil. Plus, they're super tasty, crispy, and tender! They're perfect for a quick and easy snack.
Fish sticks are a classic kid's meal. But what about adults? Can we enjoy this childhood favorite too? The answer is YES! And we can do it without any gluten. In this article, I will show you how to make gluten-free fish sticks in your air fryer. They are easy to make and taste delicious!
Making fish sticks in the air fryer is a great way to get that crispy, delicious taste you love without all of the unhealthy fats. Plus, this recipe is gluten-free so everyone can enjoy them!
You'll be able to cook these fish sticks in minutes and they'll come out perfectly every time - no more dry, bland fish sticks. Serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce and you'll have a meal everyone will love.
We may receive a small commission on certain products or services mentioned in this post. Please read our full Disclosure Policy for more information.
Why This Recipe Works
Easy- this recipe is so easy to make! With just ten minutes of your time, you can have this recipe on the table and ready to eat.
Kid-Friendly- kids love fish sticks and these air-fried fish sticks are no exception! They will love how crispy they are and enjoy dipping them in their favorite sauces.
Simple - with just a few easy-to-find ingredients, this air fryer fish sticks recipe is super simple!
Ingredients and Notes
- Cod cut into strips
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Black Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Cooking Spray
Cod- cod is perfect for this fish stick recipe, but if you cannot find any at your local grocery store, you could try these instead: flounder, haddock, halibut, sea bass or sole.
Breadcrumbs- make sure to use gluten free breadcrumbs for this recipe if you have an allergy or intolerance to gluten.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Prep
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. In a mixing bowl, stir the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley together until completely incorporated.
Use your cooking spray to spray each cod strip. Place each cod strip in the bowl with the breadcrumbs, toss and press strips all over in the mixture until they are fully coated.
Step 2: Cook
Place the coated fish strips in your air fryer making sure to space them well (you can cook them in batches if needed).
Spray the tops of the fish sticks with a bit more cooking spray and then bake for 10 minutes or until crispy golden brown.
Step 3: Serve
Serve your fish sticks with tartar sauce or any other preferred dipping sauce and enjoy!
Storage and Reheating
If you want to store and reheat your leftover air fryer fish sticks, you have a few great options!
Best Way To Store
Place any leftover fish sticks into an airtight container or storage bag. Seal the container well and place it in the fridge or freezer.
How Long Will The Leftovers Last In the Fridge?
As long as your fish sticks are sealed properly in an airtight container, they will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can I Freeze Leftover Air Fryer Fish Sticks?
Yes, you can! You can freeze these homemade fish sticks either before or after baking for up to three months.
To freeze: line the fish sticks on a baking sheet and freeze them until hard. Then you can place them in an airtight container or sealed freezer bag.
How To Reheat Air Fried Fish Sticks
The best way to reheat your fish sticks is in the air fryer. Just place them in the air fryer basket and heat them until warm.
You can also reheat them in the oven if you don't have an air fryer. Just preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and place the fish sticks on a baking sheet. Cook them for about 15-20 minutes or until they are heated through.
- Allow your fish sticks to cool completely before storing any leftovers.
- Some dipping sauces to try: ketchup, tartar sauce, ranch or creamy dill.
More Recipes Like This
- Gluten Free Chicken WingsAre you looking for a delicious and crispy gluten free chicken wings recipe? Look no further! These wings are the...
- Air Fryer Catfish (Gluten Free)Air Fryer Catfish (Gluten Free) You've got to try this air fryer catfish! Fried catfish is a staple of Southern...
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs (Gluten Free)These gluten free air fryer turkey legs make for a quick and easy meal for any weeknight dinner or weekend...
Air Fried Fish Sticks FAQs
Cooking frozen fish sticks in an air fryer is very easy. Just place them in the air fryer basket and cook them for about 20-25 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
To air-fry fish sticks in an air fryer, just place them in the basket and cook them according to the recipe instructions in this post. Keep in mind that certain air fryers may take a bit longer to cook.
The temperature to cook fish sticks in the air fryer is 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that they are cooked evenly and come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Please comment and rate below if you loved this recipe, and don't forget to share with friends and family!
Fish Sticks in The Air Fryer (Gluten Free)
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound of cod cut into strips
- ¾ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley together until completely incorporated.
- Use your cooking spray to spray each cod strip.
- Place each cod strip in the bowl with the breadcrumbs, toss and press strips all over in the mixture until they are fully coated.
- Place the coated fish strips in your air fryer making sure to space them well (you can cook them in batches if needed).
- Spray the tops of the fish sticks with a bit more cooking spray and then bake for 10 minutes or until crispy golden brown.
- Serve your fish sticks with tartar sauce or any other preferred dipping sauce and enjoy!
Do you love fish sticks, but wish they were a little healthier? Well, now they can be! These gluten free fish sticks in the air fryer are cooked without any oil. Plus, they’re super tasty, crispy, and tender! They’re perfect for a quick and easy snack.