We may receive a small commission on certain products or services mentioned in this post. Please read our full Disclosure Policy for more information.
Air fryer cooking is the latest trend in healthy cooking. Air fryers are an excellent way to cook because they use little-to-no oil and do not produce the grease that is common with deep frying.
This makes air fryer cooking perfect for those who want to keep their diets light or avoid dishes that will leave them feeling heavy after eating.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started on your air frying journey today!
If you’re new to using an air fryer, here are some helpful tips on how to use it:
Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- You do not need to use oil when air frying, but using a bit of cooking spray will prevent sticking and crisp up your food a bit more.
- You can cook frozen foods in an air fryer! Just make sure that they reach the proper temperature to avoid food born illnesses.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer. This will result in undercooked food that isn't as crisp or flavorful as it should be.
- Try using parchment paper or foil when air frying to prevent sticking and make clean-up easy peasy.
- Use pothoders when handling your air fryer basket after cooking and use tongs or other utensils to serve the food and is will be hot and you do not want to burn your hands.
- Watch the cooking times for your favorite air fried foods and make note of the perfect time and temperature to make them so you have a nice cheat sheet handy for the next time.
- If you have a small air fryer, or prefer to cook smaller meals, cut your food into uniform pieces so they all cook at the same rate.
- Air fried foods are more delicate than traditionally deep fried foods so be gentle when removing from the basket of the air fryer and flip them over as little as possible while cooking.
- Airtight containers work great for storing extra servings of air fried foods in the fridge or freezer for meal prep. Just remove from freezer and reheat in the air fryer for a quick meal anytime!
- Experiment with your favorite spices on your favorite foods to create fun flavor combinations that will make healthy eating easy and enjoyable!
Air Fryer Cleaning Tips
- The best way to clean the air fryer is with a dishcloth and warm soapy water. However, most air fryer baskets are also top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Make sure to clean your air fryer basket after each use to avoid food contamination.
- Use a damp rag to wipe clean the outside and inside of your air fryer, being careful not to get the electrical components wet.
- Do not submerge the entire air fryer in water or put in the dishwasher as this can be dangerous.
- Make sure that you air fryer is unplugged and that all surfaces are cool before cleaning and never spray cleaner on hot surfaces.
Air Fryer Recipes
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowl (Gluten Free)This gluten-free Teriyaki Salmon Bowl is the perfect easy and nutritious dinner for any night of the week. The marinated salmon is cooked in the … Read more
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers (Gluten Free)If you are looking for an easy, quick, and hearty meal to feed your family tonight, look no further! These air fryer stuffed peppers are … Read more
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos (Gluten Free)Are you looking for a nutritious and delicious breakfast option to satisfy even the most ravenous appetites? Then these Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos are perfect … Read more
- Air Fryer Chimichangas (Gluten Free)Are you looking for an easy and delicious gluten-free meal? Then, try these air fryer chimichangas! Light and fluffy gluten-free tortillas are stuffed with a … Read more
- Gluten Free Corn DogsAre you looking for a delicious and gluten-free way to enjoy corn dogs? These frozen gluten-free corndogs are cooked in the air fryer, making them … Read more
- Fish Sticks in The Air Fryer (Gluten Free)Do you love fish sticks, but wish they were a little healthier? Well, now they can be! These gluten free fish sticks in the air … Read more
- Pork Ribs in the Air FryerThese pork ribs in the air fryer make a quick and easy meal. The ribs are cooked until tender and brushed with a delicious BBQ … Read more
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin (Gluten Free)This Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin recipe is one of my favorites because the flavor is rich and juicy. The best part about it is that … Read more
- Gluten Free Crab Cakes (Air Fryer)Gluten Free Crab Cakes are delicious and surprisingly easy to make - even if you don't have any experience with gluten free cooking. Get ready … Read more
- Air Fryer Ham (Gluten Free)This Air Fryer Hame is one of my favorite dishes that I make around the holidays using our air fryer! With just three ingredients, it's … Read more
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs (Gluten Free)These gluten free air fryer turkey legs make for a quick and easy meal for any weeknight dinner or weekend lunch when you're feeling lazy … Read more
- Air Fryer Catfish (Gluten Free)Air Fryer Catfish (Gluten Free) You've got to try this air fryer catfish! Fried catfish is a staple of Southern cuisine, but it can be … Read more
- Gluten Free Chicken WingsAre you looking for a delicious and crispy gluten free chicken wings recipe? Look no further! These wings are the perfect party food for game … Read more